Most Peeped Thrills This Week

Monday 13 February 2012

Valentines Day

It feels kind of weird writing a post about Valentines Day. For one , I'm single but mostly I was raised by a couple of hippies who believe Valentines Day is just another commercial construct to make you spend more money. I'm definitely not as hardcore anti as them - who doesn't love getting flowers?! I definitely don't receive enough flowers in my life and any reason is good enough for me. And when I was a teacher in Korea my students from kindergarten to middle school brought me handmade cards and chocolate - pretty damn cute (also, who doesn't love getting chocolate?!). 


So, I guess I think Valentines Day is fine I'm just not into spending ridiculous amounts of money to prove you love someone. 


If you can appreciate this way of thinking do I have the perfect Valentines Day date for you! Or you  know, an excuse to go out with a bunch of friends like I'll be doing. 


The Princess Bride is showing at Silo Park  in The Wynyard Quarter on Tuesday night at 8:30pm for free! I have to give the organisers a big ups for choosing a film that is in fact romantic but is also hilarious. Good work.


As with other Silo Cinema nights there will be food stalls and a licensed bar so you can really make a whole night of it. 


UPDATE : Tonight's Silo Cinema event has been canceled because of the less than fantastic weather expected. Stink! Oh well, I've still got a little something for you.....keep scrolling down!




Also in the free stuff on Valentines Day category (because you know I'm a fan) The Department Store has got free bubbles and strawberries from 1pm on Tuesday. You don't even need to organise a babysitter, a date or a group of friends to enjoy that!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww I was looking forward to "The Princess Bride" STINK. Always got the up to date info Tiny Thrills....Fanks, and Happy Valentines Day!!! Uncle Reggie