Most Peeped Thrills This Week

Friday 14 October 2011

Stuff To Do This Weekend

My pick for the weekend - head down to the Wynyard Quarter, grab a Kokako Coffee from the Winter Garden and let the kids go crazy at the playground* while Bobby Brazuka, Isaac Aesili and Chris Cox serenade you with some sweet beats. Come back at 6pm for free movies outside!

There are also some cool free workshops for kids happening at the Wynyard on Saturday and Sunday as part of Art Week so really, you don't need to go anywhere else.

(* yeah man, I've heard the horrible rumours about plans to build a freaking apartment building over the playground too. Awesome. Occupy Wynyard anyone?)


But in case you do feel like going somewhere other than the waterfront....


You can check out a kite flying festival in Mangere this Saturday! 


The monthly Crafternoon Tea Market is on in Kingsland again this weekend. I'm still yet to make it along but apparently it's pretty cool. 


The interactive exhibition Aqua is still on at the museum and the live show Taniwha is back for the school holidays too. From what I've heard Taniwha is supposed to be pretty amazing. But if you don't feel like splashing out on the show there is actually a free aerial show happening in the atrium of the museum during the weekend!


And I know I bang on about it but you guys, the new Auckland Art Gallery is so cool. Just GO.They have a cool learning centre for kids and everything. 


Finally, I don't know how I missed this but apparently Auckland International Carnival is on this weekend. Alright, I've never heard of this event before but looks like there's some fun stuff happening all day for the kids and there's an actual carnival parade on.













No comments: