Most Peeped Thrills This Week

Monday 29 August 2011

Revel Cafe, K Rd



My vegan brother introduced me to Revel a while ago and it's remained a favourite. The decor is really cosy and vintage, the staff are friendly, they do good (fair trade) coffee and loose leaf tea, the food is fantastic and on top of all that, they've added some nice little touches for the kids.
There are some easily accessible drawers full of toys and if you're lucky you might even get a seat at the table that's been made out of an old space invaders arcade game - and still works! The fluffies got a big thumbs up from Haeata and the day we went they even had mini cupcakes decorated with mice.



I had a really good mexican wrap from the counter and my friend had muesli with yoghurt and stewed rhubarb. One of the (many) things I love about Revel is that they have a huge range of food at the counter, with lots of vegan, vegetarian and even gluten-free options. But I can also say from previous visits that their blackboard selections are delicious and would happily recommend the Eggs Ben.

No comments: