Most Peeped Thrills This Week

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Halloween

This was the first year I really celebrated Halloween with Haeata. I know everyone goes on about it being an irrelevant American import and all that but, we had fun! Come on people. Crazy costumes, spooky decorations, running around the neighbourbood at dusk collecting lollies and chocolate... what's not to love?!  

We dropped by The Department Store in Takapuna on Sunday with Haeata's Uncle Bevin. They were doing some pretty sweet face painting and all the stores had massive jars of lollies for Trick-or-Treaters.


I took Haeata trick or treating down our street last night and it was all kinds of fun! She raced up people's stairs, bellowed "twickawtreat!" when they opened the door and then thanked them very sweetly for the truckloads of sugary treats they emptied into her basket. Next year I'm making sure I decorate our letterbox because I only got two 12 year old boys (not even in costume damn it) come by to score some of my awesome gingerbread skeletons.


And just in case you're wondering, Haeata's Dia de los Muertos face paint took me half an hour and no I don't do birthday parties. 








1 comment:

Kathryn said...

She looks awesome!!! Such a good jon on the makeup